Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Seafood skirmish no more!

Last night I faced a fear and conquered it when my salmon fillets came out tasting pretty darn good. I had never cooked any kind of seafood before (except shrimp), and was a little skeptical. I adapted a recipe from the Food Network website.

First, I sprayed a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray, and cut my .64 lb. salmon fillet into individual pieces. Then, I squirted the fish with lime juice, and sprinkled on salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Finally, I drizzled it with olive oil. The dish was covered in foil and put in the oven for 20 minute at 350 degrees.

On the side we had sauteed squash and onion, and whole wheat cous cous with zucchini. For the cous cous, I sauteed diced onion, garlic, and zucchini in olive oil, then added chicken stock, brought that to a boil, and added the cous cous.

No comments:

Post a Comment