Saturday, May 2, 2009

Herb Garden


Alright, all these Food Network chefs/cooks/hosts got to me. I'm curious as to how much better fresh herbs are in recipes rather than dried. And let's be honest, buying fresh herbs at the local grocery store is hit or miss (What! No basil! And I was going to make pasta sauce today!), not to mention pricey. My solution: plant an herb garden. This is an adventure for me, I'm a very green when it comes to gardening. I usually plant a bunch of annuals each spring, water them when they start to shrivel, and hope they last for the fall. 

Anyways, here is a photo of the herb garden on the day it was planted. I've got basil, thyme, oregano, and flat-leaf parsley. Hopefully they'll be okay-- I'm already planning to use the basil on a pizza next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment