Saturday, May 2, 2009

Introduction

When I first created this blog, I really didn't know what I wanted to write about. Since I write about sports all the time for work that was out of the question (if you do want to read my sports articles just visit www.golimestonesaints.com). Since my work is my life for 3/4 of the year, I really don't do anything too exciting, and being newly weds, my husband and I often stay in to save money. So I sat down and really asked myself what I get excited about. And what I get excited about is food. Pure and simple-- I really look forward to cooking dinner each night and the FoodNetwork is my favorite channel. I've gotten more adventurous lately-- stepping outside of recipes and coming up with my own kitchen creations.

My favorite foods would have to be chocolate chip cookies, spaghetti, pretzels (yes, I'm addicted to the salty crunchy things, not to mention the big soft ones), pickles, olives, and cake frosting. I have fond memories of my dad baking the cookie recipe off the Toll House Semisweet morsels bag, and my mom's Meaderville spaghetti sauce is still a comfort food for me. The amazing thing about food, is that I follow the exact same recipes they do, my version never tastes the same as theirs. My fondness for pickles, pretzels, and olives reflects my love of salty foods, and need I say anything more about cake frosting? Fat and sugar-- what more does a girl need?

Now that summer is upon us and I have lots more free time, my goal is to try at least one new recipe a week. I hope you will continue to check on my blog for my cooking successes (and perhaps a few mishaps) as I venture into the world of the culinary unknown...

No comments:

Post a Comment