Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baking Bonanza Part 3: Pitiful Pitas

So, Baking Bonanza Part 3: Pita Bread, should have been posted last Sunday. However, I decided to experiment and cook the pitas on the stove top in a skillet instead of in the oven on the baking stone. While the bread did get cooked, it didn't turn out as it should have. Pita isn't suppose to have much color on it, and many of my little "loaves" got a bit charred, and only 3 out of the 12 even puffed. Therefore, Baking Bonanza will be completed tomorrow (probably a recipe for oatmeal bread).

Keep reading for pictures of the Non-Perfect Pitas.


I was a little upset all of my pitas were burned (and only a couple puffed) becuase I took the time to photograph every step. Here are the step-by-step pictures of the mishap:




Even though these didn't turn out as I had hoped, they still make a tasty lunch with a hummus and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment