Monday, February 8, 2010

Rocky Road Whoppers

My mom emailed me this recipe for Rocky Road Whopper cookies a few weeks ago. These are rich with lots of chocolate, walnuts, and marshmallows. I put off trying to bake these since I'm cooking for one, and I didn't think they would freeze well with the marshmallows. Luckily, Valentine's Day is right around the corner and Will (probably) needs some snacks.

This recipe takes a bit of time to put together, but the result is very chocolate and very chewy cookie. The recipe is suppose to make 12 cookies, but I only got 11 1/2 out of the batch.

First, you melt butter and chocolate chips in a bowl set over simmering water.



While that melts, you mix up the sugar, egg, vanilla, and coffee powder. And then combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.

After the chocolate and butter melts, you stir in the egg mixture, and add the flour, walnuts, and even more chocolate chips.


Next, place 1 tablespoon sized scoops of the batter on two parchment lined baking sheets (you should have 12 cookies.)


Then, flatten out each mound and top with 5 mini marshmallows.


Then (and this is the kind of tricky part), you top the marshmallows with another 1 tablespoon mound of cookie dough.


Sorry, the photo is sideways!

Then, bake for 14 minutes at 350 degrees, rotating the pans halfway through.

While a couple of my cookies faintly resembled the photo, a few of them turned out a bit... deformed...


The top of this cookie slid off.


And these two cookies decided to become Siamese twins.

And one cookie ended up topless since I didn't have enough batter (it was still tasty-- I ate this one just to be sure the batch was good).

Here's the link to the recipe for Rocky Road Whoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment