Friday, January 22, 2010

Fruit Crisp for 1 (or 3)

It is hard to find dessert recipes for 1 or 2 people, so I was thrilled when I found a recipe for a fruit crisp for one. While it's meant to make one dessert, I divided it up since the entire recipe has about 600 calories, and I've been trying to slim down. I baked it in three small ramekins, and the result was three perfectly sized desserts.

This recipe was a great reason to use some of this fancy cinnamon from King Arthur flour, and I love ginger!



Start by mixing the coating for the fruit.



Then add a pear and an apple that have been peeled and thinly sliced.




Mix up the topping: butter, sugar, flour, baking powder.



Spoon the fruit into the ramekins, and top with the butter mixture.






Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.



Let it cool for a few minutes and enjoy!

This was a pretty good recipe, not as good as some other fruit crisps I've had. But, if you want a dessert that's easy to make and that you can eat in one (or two or three) sittings, this is a great one to try.

Here's a link to the recipe (it's the last recipe on the page).


No comments:

Post a Comment